Tuesday, July 14

ISOLATION EQUALS DEVASTATION

ECCLESIASTES 4:9-12 "TWO ARE BETTER THAN ONE, BECAUSE THEY HAVE A GOOD RETURN FOR THEIR WORK: IF ONE FALLS DOWN, HIS FRIEND CAN HELP HIM UP. BUT PITY THE MAN WHO FALLS AND HAS NO ONE TO HELP HIM UP!...THOUGH ONE MAY BE OVERPOWERED, TWO CAN DEFEND THEMSELVES. A CORD OF THREE STRANDS IS NOT QUICKLY BROKEN."

This scripture and my above title should be self explanatory of what I'm trying to say, but let me elaborate.

Plenty of men want to fight their battles alone. This is one of the biggest mistakes you can ever make. Isolation is the first step toward devastation. Two are better than one. God has two (pun intended) much to say about this issue in his Word, lol.

At one time, Jesus gathered 70 anointed men (Luke 10:1) and sent them out in pairs not individually. There is power in numbers. That's why Jesus said if, "..If two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for , it will be done for you by my Father in heaven."

This is something I struggle with to this day. I have been on my own since I entered my teenage years and as a result I initially always try to go at things alone. I am discovering that this is a bad habit that must be broken in my life. I am not only trying to get support from God (which is always important) but we as men need support from those we trust around us. Let's learn to get help when needed, learn to get support, learn to trust someone. Get a friend, get a mentor, get a prayer partner.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to ask any question(s) that you may have about whatever! Feel free to remain anonymous if you choose and/or email me @ hgmbraveheart@gmail.com. All questions/concerns are and will always remain confidential.